2.10.10

Tuesday, April 3, 1945

Visited about 16 wards today. Delivered papers, toothpaste, ditty bags - talked, talked. Jack called me but I was unavailable, so he'll call tomorrow. I am as sure of Jack as I am of the sunrise. He loves the idea of "Mrs. Strong." It scares and beckons me. But I may.

I asked Lt. Larson when Jimmie was coming back if at all. He said the show opens the 16th, and he'll be back then. Thank God the bombs have just about gone since Holland is evacuated of Germans. He's in the greatest dither of his life - rehearsals! He's probably running the whole show. Curious how I adore that boy - he's the sun and the moon - and he's forgotten about me, almost. That's because he's so tremendous a person, things absorb and take possession, whatever it is at the time. Nice to know that, but hard on people who love him so much.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to share your family history! It's nice to connect with you.

    ReplyDelete