27.6.10

Tuesday, March 13, 1945

Back to work with about 4 hours sleep feeling marvelous all day. Jimmie always makes me feel that way. I suppose partly because he is so alive, and partly because of the plain, honest content of being with him. No, not content - active leaping happiness - I feel so tenderly toward him - and so close. A queer elation that frightens me because I know it can never happen again to me - and that I'll have to live without it - and I'm not even sure I want to. Then too, I wonder if Jimmie doesn't make other people feel the same way - that's a chilling thought, but one worth taking seriously. It's the first time in my life I have still not been lonely with another. It's the most perfect thing in my experience. But I'm afraid not for long -

No comments:

Post a Comment