11.6.10

Sunday, March 11, 1945

Jimmie called about 3 - said all sorts of things had happened - the "most remarkable week of his life in some ways". I was cheery, and happy to say I'd have dinner with him Monday eve. My gawd, how wonderful to hear that voice!

Capt Baker called from London - wants me to call him tomorrow. He wants a pair of stockings for his wife, so I told him to get me the Scotch, and I'd get the hose.

Took the 6:35 to London and hoped Jimmie would meet me but he couldn't. Talked all the way to an RAF Police Inspector in Hawkshaw clothes. He divided his ham sandwiches with me - knew all about Gloucestershire - told me about the flower called "flitterary", a bluebell which blooms only in one village near here.

I was given a room at Red Cross, 103 Park. Light supper by a cheery little maid - coke to take to bed! Alma Klingas from the 53rd General was there - hadn't seen her since we landed.

No comments:

Post a Comment