4.5.12

Saturday, April 7, 1945

We went back on movie duty today - I suppose that's the most boring job we have.  Some of the boys always want to smoke and you have to keep telling them not to - you feel like an elderly school teacher, and the films are usually terrible.

Made a yarn doll today to start crafts with - it was a hula dancer - such business makes me nervous.  I'm not the craft type - no patience.  But...I can show them how, that's all that's required.

Mrs. Kingdon-Ward, an English writer, visited us and asked us so many questions we were worn out, but she is nice and sincere.  She's writing on "Americans in Britain" - I could tell her!

Found a Cleveland boy on #22 who looked gaunt and hungry.  He confessed he's not getting enough food as he's lost so much weight.  I told the K.P.s and they promised to "load his tray".  And they will!

Miss Jack so much - wish the (surrender) would come tonite.

No comments:

Post a Comment